You have no items in your shopping cart.
Faults and Repairs
All products supplied by PowerDirect.co.uk are covered by the Manufacturer’s Guarantee for a minimum period of 12 months from date of purchase. The guarantee covers the cost of repair
(including parts and labour) for any faults arising from mechanical or electrical breakdown of the product caused due to a manufacturing defect.
Reporting a Fault: Should you suspect a fault with your product, to avoid any unnecessary call-out / return charges, please make sure:
- You have checked the product fuse and your power sockets.
- You have checked your instruction manuals to ensure that you are operating your product correctly.
- You have referred to the trouble-shooting guide in the manual for any adjustments and minor things that you are expected to put right.
Once you have verified that the product is faulty and is covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee, please call one of our authorised service centres to arrange a service callout or a service
return under warranty:
Please go to the manufacturer's website for any numbers or you can email us at Services@PowerDirect.co.uk
When emailing, please provide us the following information:
1. Your Invoice details and date of purchase
2. You product's Make and Model number
3. What the fault is that you are reporting.
Our Customer Services Team will be happy to assist you with your repair.
Major Domestic Appliances and Large Screen Televisions (32" and above)
- FREE in-home service available on all major Kitchen Appliances and Televisions (32" and above)
- You will need to arrange a service call direct with the Manufacturer's own Service Centres.
- They will arrange a service callout and free repair of your Appliance or TV.
- Faults arising within 30 Days: If you report your product faulty from new and within 30 days from purchase - you can return the item faulty item back to us for a replacment or cancellation subject to verification of the quoted fault/s. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to verify the fault by arranging a service call to your product either at your home. You have the option to either have the product repaired by the service engineer or return the item back to us for an exchange / replacement or cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that your item is deemed to be "beyond repair" under guarantee - the Service Engineers will issue you a service report and an "Uplift Authorisation Number". Please contact our Customer services team for a returns authorisation for an exchange or replacement.
- For more information, please contact our Customer Services on email@example.com.
All Other Products inc Small and Portable Items
These include but not limited to Portable Audio, Portable Video, MP3 and MP4 Players, DVD Players and Recorders, Hard-Drive Recorders, Freeview and Freesat boxes, Hi-fi Systems, Hi-fi
Separates and Speakers, Home Cinema Systems, Soundbars, Cameras and Camcorders, Portable Televisions (up to 30”), Small Domestic and Cooking Appliances inc Kettles and Toasters and
other similar products.
We recommend that you retain the original box and packaging for your purchase as you will need it to send / return these items for service under warranty.
Faults arising within 30 Days from Purchase:
Products found to be faulty on delivery or have developed a fault within 30 days from purchase will have to be returned back to us for a replacement, credit, refund or repair. You must return items
back as new in their original box and packaging including all accessories and manuals.
You must follow the returns procedure listed below:
- Please contact our Customer Services by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must quote your product make and Model, Serial number, Invoice reference and your full contact details plus the fault you are reporting.
- We will issue you a RMA Number and email you a RETURNS FORM along with instructions on how to pack and return your faulty item.
- Print and complete the Returns Form and prepare your package for return - you must include the Returns Form along with a copy of your invoice or proof of purchase.
- Ensure that the faulty item is boxed as new in its original box and packaging – you must include all accessories, leads, batteries, manuals and any other free items provided with your purchase.
- You must not deface, write or stick any labels to the original box and packaging.
- To avoid any transit damage to the box and packaging – please ensure that you pack the goods in additional and secure outer box/packaging. Outer packaging material and boxes are available from most stationary suppliers.
- Please return your faulty item to:
Power Direct Returns Department
Unit 8, Overland Park,
Gelderd Road, Leeds,
- Once we receive your faulty item, we will verify the quoted fault and offer a free repair, like for like exchange, credit or refund.
- We will pay for the cost of return of any exchange (or repaired item) back to you.
- We reserve the right to exchange just the faulty unit of the return and may return it with your original accessories / manuals and packaging.
- For a full refund or credit, item returned must be verified to be faulty and complete "as new" in its original unmarked box and packaging including all accessories and freebies supplied with the original purchase.
- Unauthorised returns or goods returned without a completed Returns Form will not be accepted - we will return these items back to you subject to payment of our costs and return delivery charges.
- For items found to be "not faulty" or for faults not covered by the manufacturer's guarantee, we reserve the right to charge you for our service costs including any delivery / return charges. Please see typical costs below.
Faults arising after 30 days from purchase:
If your product develops a fault after 30 days from purchase (but within the manufacturer's guarantee), you can get it repaired free of charge. You will need to return the faulty item back to the
manufacturer's own authorised service facilities for a repair under warranty.
For service under warranty, please follow the procedure listed below:
- Call the manufacturer's service number and follow their guidelines for the return and repair of your faulty item. They will provide you details of where and how to return item.
- In certain circumstances, we may advice you to return your faulty item back to us for a repair or exchange (subject to fault verification).
- In most instances, you will be responsible for the cost of return of the item back to the manufacturer's or our own service facilties.
- The cost of return of the repaired item back to you is usually covered by the manufacturer or ourselves (if returning back to us). This is subject to verification that the reported fault is covered by the Manufactuer's guarantee.
For Products Covered by an Extended Warranty Plan
For products outside the Manufacturer’s standard 12 months Guarantee period but covered by an extended warranty plan - Please refer to the documents provided with your warranty plan for
For further information please contact our Customer Services by emailing at email@example.com.
All products supplied by us are covered by a minimum of 12 months Manufacturer’s Parts and Labour Guarantee and is subject to the following policies. In general it is widely known that modern
consumer electrical products are reliable and will give you many years of satisfaction. However in the event of a fault or failure arising, we are committed to providing you a fast and efficient repair
service including in-home service call-outs for most major Kitchen Appliances and Large Screen Televisions (32" and above).
Warranty Coverage: All products supplied by PowerDirect.co.uk are covered by the Manufacturer’s Guarantee for a period of 12 months from date of purchase. The guarantee covers the cost
of repair (including parts and labour) for any faults arising from mechanical or electrical breakdown of the product caused due to a manufacturing defect.
If a hardware defect arises which is covered by the terms of the Manufacturer's Guarantee, we or our authorised service agents will (1) repair the product at no charge using new and/or refurbished
raplacement parts, or (2) exchange the product with an identical item or one that is equivalent to the original (up to a maximum of the original price paid) or (3) offer a refund or credit up to the
original price paid.
Exclusions to Warranty
The following items are not covered by the manufacturer's guarantee and we resreve the right to charge you for any of our costs incurred including but not limited to delivery and return costs plus
service and inspection charges.
- Faults caused directly or indirectly by incorrect installation, maintenance or operation.
- Accidental damages, misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Alterations or repairs carried out by person(s) not authorised by ourselves.
- General wear and tear.
- Internal cleaning and routine maintenance.
- Act of God such as fire, flood or lightening etc.
- The supply of fraudulent or negligent information to us or our authorised service centres.
- Cosmetic damage and wear and tear to the product including cabinet, housing and exterior parts.
- Cables, fuses, batteries and Remote controls and other such accessories.
- Blockages to hoses and pipes and filters.
- Pixel failure in televisions within the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Use of the product in conjunction with other products or accessories not approved by the manufacturer.
- Service callouts for portable equipment and small appliances.
Except as provided in the the terms of the Manufacturer's Guarantee and to the extent as permitted by law, PowerDirect.co.uk is not liable for any direct, special, incidental or consequential
damages and costs resulting from any breach of warranty or condition.
Refunds and Exchanges
If an item is verified unrepairable under warranty by us or the manufacturer's service centre, we reserve the right to exchange, credit or refund at our discretion.
- We will offer you a like for like or identical replacement up to the same value as your original purchase provided the faulty item returned is complete with all accessories and manuals supplied with the purchase.
- A replacement product assumes the remaining warranty of the original product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement whicever provides the longer cover.
- When a product is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the original item becomes our or our suppliers property.
- If the same model or a like for like replacement is not available, we will issue you a full credit note to the maximum value of the price you paid for the original item. You can then choose an alternative item of your choice.
- If item is verified to be faulty within 30 days from purchase, we will arrange a collection and return of the faulty item provided that you have packaged the item "as new" in its original box and packaging including all accessories and manuals provided.
- For items over 30 days from purchase date: You will need to return the faulty item back to us at your own cost and risk.
- If we are collecting a faulty Appliance, please ensure it is unplugged and disconnected safely and ready for collection. Freezers must have been de-frosted prior to collection.
- In certain circumstances, we may agree a refund with you on the following basis:
- We reserve the right to make a fair deduction from the refund value as usage allowance depending on the period you have had full usage of the product.
- Any such refund value will be based on the original price paid for the product and excludes any delivery/return and any other additional service charges.
- For a full refund, the returned item must be complete with the original box and packaging including all accessories, manuals, leads etc supplied.
- All refund or credit values are at our discretion only.
Typical Charges: These are typical typical minimum charges where the repair / service for a product is not covered by the terms and conditions of the Manufacturer's Guarantee.
- Minimum Service call-out: from £79
- Workshop inspection / service: from £49
- Repair outside Guarantee: Price on application
- Return or Collection of a Small / Portable items: from £10
- Return or Collection of a TV (32" - 39"): from £29
- Return or Collection of a TV (40" - 49"): from £49
- Return or Collection of a TV (50" - 69"): from £69
- Return or Collection of a TV (70" and above): from £99
- Return or Collection of a Standard Kitchen Appliance: from £99
- Return or Collection of an American Style Fridge Freezer: from £149
- Return or Collection of a Range Cooker: from £149
Missing and Incomplete Goods: If you are returning an item for a refund or an exchange for a different product, the returned item must be as new in its original box and packaging and must
include all accessories, leads, manuals etc. Any missing accessories will be charged typically as follows (Inc our administration costs):
Remote Control: £45 + Vat
Instruction Manual: £9.50 + Vat
Supplied Lead or Cable: £9.50 + Vat
Supplied Headphones: £19.50 + Vat
Memory Stick: £34.50 + Vat
Media SD Card: £19.50 + Vat
Rechargeable Battery: £39.50 + Vat
Mains Adaptor / Charger: £39.50 + Vat
Television Pedestal (Missing or incomplete): £49.50 + Vat
Television Cabinet (Missing or incomplete) : at Retail Price
Other items: By quotation
Please note that our service policies do not affect your statutory rights.